How to Hygge
How to Hygge! Enjoy the Danish concept of Hygge. Find joy and warmth in your life, and get…
How to Hygge
There isn’t quite a direct translation to english, but other languages have quite similar principles. In Germany, “Gemütlichkeit,” in Norway, Koselig.
Here are 5 ways that you can bring more “Hygge,” Gemütlichkeit,” or “Koselig” into your life!
Make a point to make your environment cozy and enjoyable! Light a candle, curl up with a cozy favorite blankie. As I write this, I have my favorite white glassybaby lit, and the softest throw I own. A gift my Dad gave me for Christmas this year. It offers warmth from both the feeling of the material and the gift giver, so it kind of warms my heart too.
You “To Do List,” Hygge Style
Now that’s our kind of to do!
- Enjoy downtime. Make a point to have downtime, and really soak it in. Resist the urge to achieve something or work during this downtime! Delight in a skincare ritual, like a facemask, do your nails, be pampered, relax. You can enjoy simple pleasures with others, or on your own.
- Turn off the tech. Grant yourself a tech-free hour – every day if you can. Be in your physical space, wholeheartedly!
- Enjoy a treat. It is ok to enjoy a treat now and then in moderation. The key is to really enjoy it. Take in the tastes and savor!
- Have a fire! You can do this indoors or even outdoors bonfire style depending on the time of the year. Gather round with great friends and enjoy!
- Stay in bed one extra hour! That’s right high achievers, you officially have permission from Fittbe to stay in bed for an extra hour. Keep it cozy and enjoy those blankies!